Friday, October 8, 2010

Three Weeks With My Brother (2) Pages 20-43

in this section of the book, the setting seems to shift a couple of times. usually we go from the present, in which Nick is doubting whether he would like to go on the trip with his brother Micah, to their childhood. while i read this book, i laughed, and i felt sad at certain points. but what i really liked in the reading, was the closeness between the two brothers. they seemed inseperable as children, and they still talk to each other all the time, as if they were best friends. i am amazed by this because the same could not be said for the realtionship between me and my siblings. my younger brother and sister can get very frustrating at times. and i always try to remind myself that if they were gone, i would not have the same life, so i tolerate their ignorance, but it's always useful to give them the evil stare every once in a while. i am really  impressed by the strong realtionship between Micah and Nick.
throughout the story, there were times when Nick was jealous of Micah's accomplishments. and that might show some foreshadowing, since they are about to go on a long journey together. perhaps rivalry will appear between them. i cant wait to see what would happen through their journey.

Favorite quote: "on those days in which i wasn't tagging with my brother, my sister became my best friend. like me she loved the johnny west side, and at night we would play together for hours." (SPARKS 42)

Reaction: this quote gives me a better understanding of the family backgrounds. apparantley Nick did not only enjoy spending time with his brother, but with his sister as well. this also tells me that their parents raise them to belive that their siblings could also be their best friends. and i am really impressed at the level of friendship there is going on between the kids. (i need to learn how to be friends with my siblings, and this is a good example of what the relationship should be like.)

1 comment:

  1. nice personal connection with sibling relationships. Do make sure to give adequate detail on how the book is progressing.

    watch "i"

    ReplyDelete