Monday, December 13, 2010

Post 3 Chapter 13-20

By now, I have reached the climax of the story, in which Jerry REFUSED to sell chocolates at the Trinty School Fundraiser. This has always been a tradition at Trinty, and no one has ever refused to do so. The way I read it made me feel like Jerry was fooling around with forces beyond his understanding. Everyone was shocked, they were thinking, 'what? did he just refuse? he's dead!!!.'
In order for us to understand why Jerry has refused to sell the chocolates is because he is losing his interest in the world. His mother just died, and his father seems to be living a "dead life" all in all Jerry has alot of family issues at home. I got to understand that Leon is very hopeful of the chocolate sale, and every time he calls Jerry's name to see if he sold any chocolates, Jerry replies with a cold "No."

Quotes: "Adamo?"
"three"
"Beau vis"
"Five"
"Renault"
"No"
This is the way Leon figures out who is selling chocolates, and how much. The fact that Jerry refused to sell the chocolates shocked everyone. I was waiting for Leon to explode and let Jerry know how important the sale really is. When I read the details used to describe Leon's reaction to Jerry's refusal I felt really sorry for him because the sale is very important to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment